Lagoon Lookout - happiest people ever

 Hi, guys! We have purchased our forever home! Never thought I'd really say that as much as we like to adventure, but I'm saying it now.  I can't say we won't buy a condo in the future - but we won't be getting rid of this....just sharing our time someday with a condo overseas somewhere...or maybe just staying here all the time.

We are in love and when you add the love of our new home to our love of this area, you get a very happy Billy and Dei Miles.

Here are pix of our home so far - we will add from our travels in the future and need to fill in a bit here and there, but are overall good to go. I can say that I've discovered that I am not a fan of cleaning the floors - whew! I still need to fluff my plants and clean the house, but not today.....

These are not great pix, but hopefully enticement for you to come and visit! We still have work to do, but as you can see, it's coming along. We closed on the 13th and moved-in on the 16th, so we've been busy and are tired.

Entry from front door to see foyer, sitting room and dining room:



Sitting Room:



Dining Room:



Entrance into living room from main foyer area....looking back towards the dining room:


Living Room from a lot of angles. Love the built-ins.. . will be adding some textured grass wallpaper to the inside rear of the built-ins:






Kitchen - our new appliances will be here March 12 - they are beautiful and I just can't wait. I'll try to remember to re-upload pix at that time. They are the Cafe line with bronze handles:




Rear guest bath between living room and my office:


My office - lots of work to do here, but will get there - Quigs and I look out at the lagoon along rear of house:


Guest bedroom - new linens are on the way. We will get rid of the dark furniture and add an armoire. The built-ins here used to be a closet, so we will only need that one additional piece of furniture besides the bed/nightstands:



Extra room in front corner of house opposite the master - my rowing machine and assorted stuff. Every closet in the house is built out with shelves, drawers, hanging areas:

Front extra bath - I really like the idea of a nod to vintage south Florida, but I haven't hit the mark, yet - working on this and will start with replacing the shower curtains....just too much. 


Lanai and views of the lagoon....hence her name - Lagoon Lookout:








Sometimes the view from the outside in is just as good:




Ok, I realized that I didn't take pix of master bath and our bedroom - we are still working on those and it's dark now, so I'm not taking pix tonight. Here are pix from the listing so that you can see the idea until I buy wall decor and finish the bath:




Here are listing pix of the outside spaces in case you didn't see the listing - we will be getting a small fence for the back and building out an outdoor area with pavers or flagstone  off of the lanai:









Thanks for looking - if you bug me enough, I'll try to remember to post updates, although I'm not very good at remembering that stuff....love to all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haylee's Freshman Homecoming 2011